Wednesday, March 24

Project 19

ADOPTING GINGER
What We Did:
After one of our few trips to the animal shelter we decided that we wanted to try to help one of these homeless animals.  It didn't take long before we found a spunky little puppy to rescued from an unknown future.

How Long it Took:
Just a couple of hours for the adoption but with this project your in for the long haul :)

How Much it Cost:
$110 for the adoption and license.

Would We Do It Again?
Yes. It felt really good to get her out of the conditions of the selter and to provide her with a safe, physically and emotionally rich environment. As our vet put it "this dog won the puppy jackpot". The dog is happy, the kids are in love and I'm trying to become a dog person.

References:
http://www.adoptapet.com/
http://www.petfinder.com/index.html
http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/adopt/tips/adopting_from_shelter_rescue.html

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/28/2010

    You got a dog?!? I definitely need to see more pictures and hear all about her. We'll start with her name....?

    After awhile you'll like her. I can't say I love my dogs as much as others do in our family, but I like them.

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/28/2010

    OH, just saw the name. Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Hugh desperately wants a dog, but I'm not quite there yet ... hopefully I'll be able to follow in your footsteps soon. How wonderful to go the adoption route! She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I adopted a kitten through the local animal shelter. There are so many cats there, it's sad to see them all in cages. I am happy we got our Minuet through the shelter! :)

    Your dog is soo cute! I'm not ready for a dog yet but I know we will get one eventually, and it too will be a shelter animal.

    ReplyDelete